A FAMILY gassed last night by deadly fumes said they might have died without their carbon monoxide alarms.
They said smoke and gas from a coal-fired kitchen range had seeped unto their 6-year-old daughter's bedroom and was filling the house.
Her dad Gavin Potter said: "We would all be dead in the morning if it wasn't for the alarms.
"I might have gone in the morning and found my youngest dead – or none of us would have woken up at all.
"It's a frightening thought – but that's what we've been thinking all morning.
"I am over the moon that we're all okay."
The family with four children aged between 6 and 16 went to bed last night at their mid-terrace cottage in Farms Common, a hamlet in Wendron parish near Helston.