CO Home Safety Ltd

Carbon monoxide alarm saves Wendron family from death

A Family gassed by deadly fumes said they might have died without their carbon monoxide alarms.

They said smoke and gas from a coal-fired kitchen range had seeped unto their 6-year-old daughter's bedroom and was filling the house.

Her dad Gavin Potter said: "We would all be dead in the morning if it wasn't for the alarms.

"I might have gone in the morning and found my youngest dead – or none of us would have woken up at all.

"It's a frightening thought – but that's what we've been thinking all morning.

"I am over the moon that we're all okay."

The family with four children aged between 6 and 16 went to bed last night at their mid-terrace cottage in Farms Common, a hamlet in Wendron parish near Helston.