CO Home Safety Ltd

Carbon Monoxide poisoning

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be caused by inefficient burning of fossil fuels such as gas, coal, wood oil etc. which are used in many household appliances including boilers, open fires, gas fires, cookers, central heating systems etc.

Carbon monoxide will be produced normally in negligible amounts if appliances are regularly checked and maintained.

Carbon monoxide will be produced in greater quantities if appliances are damaged or flues and vents become blocked.

Carbon monoxide poisoning. DetectorCarbon monoxide poisoning can:

  • can then occur
  • can be prevented by having your appliances checked by a gas safe registered engineer
  • can be alerted against by having a carbon monoxide alarm fitted.

A survivors guide.