CO Home Safety Ltd

Council carries out Carbon Monoxide safety checks

RESIDENTS were today warned to have their domestic appliances checked by a gas safety engineer.

As part of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, Liverpool council’s Healthy Homes teams are currently trying to visit 15,000 privately rented homes to make sure residents’ boilers, heaters, cookers and fires are working safely.

If officers discover a defective gas fire or cooker, they can provide portable heating and electric cooking facilities to make sure tenants suffer no further distress.

Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, odourless, highly poisonous gas which can kill in minutes.

Cllr Berni Turner, executive member for the environment, said: “Many of our most vulnerable residents could be exposed to Carbon Monoxide poisoning on a daily basis due to defective appliances in their homes.” (Liverpool Echo)

Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation

If you are in need of a Carbon Monoxide Detector or need to have a Carbon Monoxide Detector Installed, get in contact with http://www.co-awareness.com

All fitting/­installation carried out by our engineers accredited by the following: NICEIC,­CHAS,­Safecontractor, Trustmark and Help direct safe trader scheme.

Specialist installations for the deaf, wheelchair users and vulnerable groups.

We Supply and install Honeywell and Aico Carbon Monoxide Alarms and Detectors