CO Home Safety Ltd

Family survives carbon monoxide scare

An Irving family escaped with their lives after being exposed to Carbon Monoxide in their home. The Adam family had just moved into their house according to Fox 4 News. The house was equipped with a carbon monoxide detector and the alarm was going off on that detector. The family thought the battery was low and that that was the reason the alarm was beeping.

When the family of 5 started feeling sick and dizzy, they realized something was wrong and got out of the house. 1 family member is recovering in the hospital but everyone will be ok. A broken furnace led to the carbon monoxide leak.

Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Nausea, shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches and fatigue and chest pain.

About Carbon Monoxide

It is a colorless and odorless gas that can cause death if you are exposed to it for to long.
According to The Centers for Disease Control, “Carbon monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America.” It is recommended for every home to have at least 1 carbon monoxide alarm in their house. Many people mistake the symptoms of CO poisoning as the flu or other illness.

Protection from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The best way to protect from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is by purchasing a Carbon Monoxide Alarm or Carbon Monoxide Detector. At CO Home Safety Ltd we aim to provide the whole range of services including: advice, sales, installation, testing and most importantly to raise awareness about carbon monoxide. 'The silent killer'.