CO Home Safety Ltd

Lucky escape from carbon monoxide poisoning

A BROTHER and sister from Witheridge were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes at their home.

Malcolm Dorrington and Jeanette Clayfield, both 53, were told they were lucky to be alive after being poisoned by a blocked woodburner.

Mr Dorrington and his sister fell asleep after lighting the fire about 7.30pm last Thursday. But within an hour he woke up suffering spasms. Unable to wake up his sister, Mr Dorrington dragged himself to the door and went to a neighbour’s for help.

Fire crews from Witheridge and Chulmleigh were quickly on the scene and carried Jeanette Clayfield out of the house while wearing breathing apparatus. She was given oxygen at the scene and taken to hospital before being allowed home a few hours later. A firefighter at the scene said the incident could have proved fatal.

Source: www.­thisis­the­wes­tco­untry.­co.­uk

Protect Yourself from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

If you wish to protect yourself from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning it is recommended that you purchase a Carbon Monoxide Detector or Carbon Monoxide Alarm. CO Home Safety Ltd currently have an offer on the Honeywell SF450EN Carbon Monoxide Detector. CO Home Safety Ltd stock a range of Honeywell Carbon Monoxide Alarms and Aico Carbon Monoxide Alarms