CO Home Safety Ltd

Pre school hit by suspected carbon monoxide leak

FOUR children were taken to hospital after a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a pre-school on Monday.

The children, together with two staff from the Fun to Learn Pre-School at Newport CE Primary School, were taken to St Mary’s Hospital as a precaution after a carbon monoxide alarm went off.All were discharged the same day and returned to the pre-school yesterday (Tuesday).The matter has been referred to the Health and Safety Executive.­Engineers checked all equipment at the pre-school and allowed the classrooms to re-open yesterday.

If you require any advice in regards to Carbon Monoxide Awareness please get in touch 0161 408 0082

CO Home Safety Ltd will be supporting CO-Awareness week founded by Lynn Griffiths of the Charity CO-Awareness