CO Home Safety Ltd
CO Home Safety Ltd sell a number of Carbon Monoxide Alarms and offer advice on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 'The Silent Killer.' CO Home Safety Ltd stock Honeywell Carbon Monoxide Alarms and Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
How important is Carbon Monoxide Awareness?
Carbon Monoxide Awareness is very import as the following article proves...........
Dominic Rodgers Trust
Leaflets and questionnaires were handed out in the Kingsgate shopping centre yesterday to raise awareness about the dangers of the deadly gas.
The message was simple: “Don’t gamble with your safety – be CO savvy”.
The campaign – run by the Dominic Rodgers Trust – is a long way from where Stacey thought she would be, as she relived the heartbreaking moment she discovered her son back in 2004.
She said: “It still brings tears to my eyes.“I remember coming out of my bedroom and just knowing something was wrong because Dominic usually came out of his room around the same time. He was really time-conscious and it was just not like him to still be in bed. It was like being in a bad dream. I went into his room and I just thought he was asleep. He was so cold and I thought he had frozen to death because the weather had been so cold.I was like a zombie. I thought I would end up killing myself. I was so angry at myself for not knowing about it.
“When the coroner rang and told me it was carbon monoxide, I had to ask my family what it was. As I researched more about it, I realised how many people had been affected and I thought I don’t want another family to go through this.”
An investigation found fumes from a neighbour’s faulty boiler had seeped into Dominic’s bedroom as he slept and poisoned him.
The keen footballer would have been preparing to celebrate his 17th birthday this April. But Stacey will always remember him as the little boy she tragically lost. She added: “I can’t believe he would have been nearly 17 by now. I get a shock when I see his friends all grown up. I will always picture him as a small boy, aged ten. I still hear his voice saying “Go on mum, you can do it.”
“I will keep this campaign going until that voice stops. I get a buzz from it and it is what has kept me going.”
To mark the anniversary of his death, people were asked to complete questionnaires to highlight their understanding about CO for the chance to win a free home gas safety check. Footballer Andy Booth was also on hand to help raise awareness.
He said: “I have got to admit, until I heard what had happened to Stacey, I didn't really know a lot about CO or how dangerous it can be. It certainly opened my eyes to it and I went straight out to buy a detector for my home. If me being here helps raise awareness and saves one more person, it has being worth it.”
Huddersfield MP Barry Sheerman – who has supported Stacey with her campaign from the start – was also there to mark the event. He said: “I want people to be really careful. I do not want to see another death or injury from this again. People should get their appliances checked every year and get a detector”
Dominic Rodgers Trust
Show your support for the Dominic Rodgers Trust by joining their Facebook Group