A woman who died after a carbon monoxide leak at a property was found by her new husband, her family said. Katie Haines, 31, was discovered by her husband, Richard, who tried to resuscitate her at a house in Barkham Road, Wokingham, Berkshire on Thursday. The Oxford University press officer married in December. Police are treating the death as "unexplained". Mrs Haines' parents Gordon and Avril Samuel described her death as "every parent's worst nightmare".
A statement from Mr and Mrs Samuel, issued by the university, read: "Katie was the perfect daughter who was as bright as she was beautiful. "My wife and I could not have asked for a more perfect little girl. "This is every parent's worst nightmare and we now ask that we be left alone to grieve at this very difficult time." The statement went on to describe Mrs Haines and her husband, who had honeymooned in South America, as "the perfect couple".
The former journalist, who had a degree in English with French from Manchester University, had worked for the Sunday Times and the Daily Express newspapers.
Ruth Collier, head of the press and information at the university, said: "Katie was a wonderful person and a very talented colleague. "Our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with Katie's husband, parents and siblings." Another woman and man suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning were taken from the property in Wokingham to Royal Berkshire Hospital. Three houses in the street were evacuated and had their gas supplies turned off. (Source:BBC News)
CO Home Safety Ltd - Buy a Carbon Monoxide Alarm
CO Home Safety Ltd think that their should be a Carbon Monoxide Alarm in every home.
If you wish to purchase a Carbon Monoxide Alarm or Detector then visit http://www.co-awareness.com. CO Home Safety Ltd also work hard to raise awareness of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and perform presentations to local resident's associations, charitable and voluntary groups.